One man perishes, six others taken to hospital after late night duplex garage fire near Everett September 13, 2018
CLICK TO ENLARGE: Fire scene early this morning south of Everett. Photo: Snohomish County Sheriff's office
(SNOHOMISH COUNTY, WA.) – The Snohmish County Sheriffs office says one man died and four other adults as well as 2 children were taken to the hospital “for exposure to smoke after a garage fire at a duplex,” near Everett.
The fire took place in the 300 block of 127th Street SE south of Everett at about 12:45 am this morning, according to a 3:40 am tweet by the sheriff’s office.
A report by KOMO-TV in Seattle said fire fighters contained the blaze to the garage of the duplex, but a 29-year-old man “was found in the garage and pronounced dead at the scene.”
No cause known yet. The Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office and the Sheriff’s office are investigating.